NTS is working as a Not-for-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee - not having a share capital under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984 regulated by SECP. The promoter institution is COMSATS University Islamabad, which nominates the members of NTS. It is a self-sustaining and autonomous organization which works under the directions of the BODs of NTS, who are nominees of CIIT.
Academic and other Committees:
NTS has constituted following committees which comprise of experts:
- Academic Committee consists of eminent university professors responsible for developing the curricula, along with regulating and promoting consistent testing
- Executive Committee comprises of all HODs and nominees that look after the operational affairs of NTS.
- Peer Review Committee consists of eminent university professors solely responsible for quality assurance of test contents and test items.
- Subject Committee lays down proper standards of curriculum, so as to regulate and promote the standards for testing in a specific subject: numerous test item developers also work under this committee.
- MCQ Contributors Committee consists of educational experts from primary to professional level faculty members from colleges and universities, who help in building authentic Test Item bank.
Institutional Capacity and Network:
- 250 full time employees.
- 10,000 highly trained personnel for test proctoring.
- Capable of conducting paper-based test for 300,000 candidates in 68 cities and computer-based tests in 45 cities of Pakistan simultaneously.
- Capable of processing 100,000 application forms per day.
- 350 institutions are on panel as test centers.
- About 3000 test item contributors from prestigious universities and reputed professional organizations.
- Test Item Bank contains more than 600,000 test items in about 77 well-known disciplines of Engineering, IT, Medicine, Management, Natural and Social Sciences.