The TOEIC L&R test is a paper-and-pencil test that measures a test taker's ability to listen to and read everyday English. Educators and employers use the test to assess English-language skill levels for academic or workplace purposes.
The Two Main Test Sections:
1) Listening Comprehension
Test takers will listen to recorded statements, questions, short conversations and short talks in English via audio cassette or CD and answer 50 questions based on what they hear.
There are three parts:
- Part One — Photographs (15 questions)
- Part Two — Question-Response (20 questions)
- Part Three — Short Conversations and Short Talks (15 questions)
This section will take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
Test takers will read single sentences as well as texts and then answer 50 questions based on what they read.
There are two parts:
- Part Four — Incomplete Sentences (30 questions)
- Part Five — Reading Comprehension (20 questions)
This section will take approximately 35 minutes to complete.